Human Trafficking Transition Home—Now Open!
Providing Transitional Housing for Women Victim-Survivors of Human Trafficking and Their Children
Transition Home Residents receive 24-hour, comprehensive care especially tailored for adult women who have exited human trafficking. Services are provided in a welcoming, home setting and delivered in a trauma-informed, victim-centered, culturally sensitive manner so that each individual’s unique needs are met and Residents feel empowered to achieve their goals.
At the Transition Home, Residents are provided support around the clock, 24 hours a day. That means that Dragonfly Transition Home Advocates who specialize in providing care for human trafficking survivors are on-site to provide support at any time, day or night.
Survivor Residents receive comprehensive care and services in a restorative home setting at The Dragonfly Transition Home. Residents have access to the comprehensive, specialized services through our Human Trafficking Relief and Restoration Center.
A Place Like Home
The Dragonfly Home staff is passionate about providing care and assistance in a comfortable, cozy setting. The Transition Home is a place where human trafficking victim/survivors can experience relief and restoration in the warm, inviting setting of home.
Empowerment and Restoration
One of the cruelest aspects of human trafficking is that traffickers rip away their victim’s power to make choices. Another is that traffickers work to make sure their victims can’t see any hope for a different life, one where they can dream and set goals.
At The Dragonfly Transition Home, our Advocates are dedicated to getting to know our Survivor Residents and help them find hope and begin to believe in themselves. Residents receive encouragement to choose whatever goals they desire, whether that’s:
- Getting a GED or college degree
- Finding permanent housing
- Setting longer-term career goals
- Reconnecting with family
- Developing a new skill or passion for art, music, writing, animals, photography, knitting, etc.
Residents have access to a plethora of services and resources, provided both in-house and through community partnerships across Oklahoma, including, but not limited to*:
- Specialized case management
- Emergency shelter and/or transitional housing
- Food and clothing
- Medical, gynecological, and dental care
- Legal assistance/Court advocacy
- Children’s services
- Mental health counseling/Therapeutic services
- Document and ID retrieval
- Transportation (case by case basis)
- Substance abuse support and recovery
- Vocational training
- Information on crime victims rights
- Assistance with crime victims compensation
- Resume writing and job placement assistance
- Education and financial aid assistance
- Parenting and life skills classes
- Immigration document assistance
- SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner) exams
- Victim Protective Orders
- 24-Hr Confidential Human Trafficking Help Line
The Dragonfly Home Human Trafficking Transition Home is certified by the Oklahoma Office of the Attorney General.
The Dragonfly Home is Oklahoma’s only state-certified program dedicated exclusively to serving human trafficking survivors, as well as the only state-certified service provider in the capital city, OKC. Finally, our HTRRC is Oklahoma’s very first state-certified crisis center for human trafficking survivors. Learn more about the different aspects of our innovative non-residential model here!
*Not an exhaustive list
*The Dragonfly Home provides services free from all forms of unlawful discrimination based on race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age; disabilities (i.e., physical, mental illness and substance abuse), economic or educational status, religion and national origin, or on the basis of immigration status.
*Clients are not required to participate in any religious or spiritual activities to receive services.