The Dragonfly Home is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Dragonfly Home does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Digital Media Coordinator
Location: Position will work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19, but will eventually work onsite at Dragonfly.
The Dragonfly Home (Dragonfly) Digital Media Coordinator is responsible for carrying out trauma-informed, culturally-sensitive digital media projects that reach victims of human trafficking. Projects will focus on communicating about red flags of human trafficking, ways to reach Dragonfly for help, and victim services offered. Projects will also communicate about Dragonfly’s culture, values, and atmosphere so victims can feel safe about reaching out. Additionally, the Digital Media Coordinator will also help plan and carry out human trafficking awareness events. The Digital Media Coordinator will work with the Communications Director and Executive Director.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Assist with outreach and public education efforts about human trafficking, Dragonfly’s services, and how trafficking survivors can access services
- Communicate about human trafficking and Dragonfly in a trauma-informed, culturally-sensitive, victim-centered, safety-centered manner
- Write skillfully about human trafficking in the form of blog posts and social media content
- Create basic graphic design content (training provided)
- Create, maintain, and schedule informational campaigns on social media
- Help maintain website, particularly updating information about Dragonfly’s services and human trafficking educational information
- Conduct research assignments related to communication and digital media strategies
- Track and report social media analytics
- Coordinate photo shoots, video interviews, podcast records on topics that relate to human trafficking and victim service awareness; edit videos, podcast episodes
- Assist in planning human trafficking awareness events
- Public speaking, in the form of awareness events, videos, etc.
- Provide administrative support as specified by Communications Director
- Collaborate well with team
- Work with Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator on joint projects
- Assist in supervising Communications Interns
- Adhere to agency policies and work rules including confidentiality and code of ethics.
- Attend all mandatory staff meetings and trainings as required by Communications Director
Skills, Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
- Education and/or experience in a Communications-related field (preferred)
- 1 year experience in a non-profit setting, including college internships (preferred)
- Advanced familiarity with creating content for social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Excellent writing skills, including precise grammar and writing style
- Flexibility, ability to help with events, conduct photo or video shoots outside normal working hours
- Critical thinking, problem solving skills, and conflict resolution skills.
- Understanding that communicating about human trafficking is sensitive and highly specialized
- Willing to accept constructive criticism and adapt content to Dragonfly’s branding and to reflect Dragonfly’s core program values
- Understands the importance of complying with state and federal standards, guidelines, and statutes
- Detail-oriented, attentive; excellent written and oral communication skills
- Develop knowledge and understanding of human trafficking and co-occurring issues preferred
- Ability to lead and work as part of a team
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to get to and from work
To Apply: Please apply through our job posting on Indeed.com HERE.