Additional Giving Opportunities
We at The Dragonfly Home are dedicated to engaging you in the fight against human trafficking in the way that suits you best! Take a look at our variety of giving opportunities to see what resonates most with you. If you have your own unique idea for contributing, don’t hesitate to Contact Us today!
ADOPT A MONTH
IN KIND SERVICES AND GOODS
ADOPT A MONTH
Every part of our operation is critical for providing a secure, welcoming place where victims of human trafficking can find safe people and trauma-informed programs to help them make a new start. Our monthly operating costs include:
- Security Monitoring
- Transportation + Vehicle Maintenance
- Building Maintenance
- Programming Costs
- Hotline – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- Victims’ Needs:
- Direct Care Services: Intensive Case Management, Crisis Intervention, Counseling
- Welcome Bags: pajama top and bottom, bra, underwear, socks, toiletries
- Childrens’ Supplies
- Special Needs: glasses, hearing aids, prescriptions
- Education: Life skills classes, Job skills training, Cultural classes
- Refreshments for clients
- Education + Awareness
- Outreach Materials: flyers, posters, curriculum, brochures, booklets
- Communication Materials: publishing software, editing software, Adobe Suite licenses, podcasting equipment
- Partnership Building
- Printed training materials on trauma-infomed care for our clients
- Equipment and expenses incurred for providing training sessions
ADOPT A MONTH – $15,000
Want to discuss your involvement in the Adopt A Month initiative? Click here!
IN KIND DONATION OF
SERVICES AND GOODS
We are always on the lookout for qualified professionals to donate their time to serving our clients who have been exploited in human trafficking. We provide training for all professionals on how to deliver services utilizing a trauma-informed, victim-centered, culturally sensitive approach.
Examples of professionals whose pro bono services we can use include:
- Social workers
- Licensed therapists
- Medical practitioners (doctors, nurses, physicians assistants, etc.)
- Trainers (job skills, life skills, art, nutrition, home economics, etc.)
- Exercise instructors
If you have an idea for how you can donate your professional skills to The Dragonfly Home, or you are in one of the listed fields, please Contact Us!
Periodically, we need specific goods donated. These may include certain equipment, furniture, or items for clients. Our needs for goods donations are very specific. If you are interested in donating goods, please Contact Us with your idea.
Due to storage limitations and the highly specialized needs of our clients, items we generally discourage the public from donating to The Dragonfly Home include:
- Clothing – We highly recommend donating clothing to Suited For Success, an Oklahoma City organization that will benefit our clients
- Food – We highly recommend donating food items to our partner, the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma